Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Way I See It # 308: Turn The White Snow Red As Strawberries In The Summertime

I'm leaving in a fucking week or so. I can't believe this. How did summer go by so quickly? What have I done? two things:

1. Became better friends with Abby, I think. We hung out a lot, and that was awesome. I was thinking about it the other day, and I have to reaffirm (if I've already mentioned it before) that she is probably my best girlfriend. She is awesome. And someday I will hear about her managing the campaign of the next President.

2. Grew up.

What? Lisa grew up? I'm always, constantly, everlastingly, growing up. maturity manifests itself in so many ways. I made some grown up decisions. Where to live, organizing an apartment hunt, calling people. Today I'm handing over the check to my landlord.

OKAY OKAY. I'm not paying for it. Sue me (Don't.) But just putting this all together I've learned a lot. And moving in and being on my own for the first time is going to be a change. I think I definitely have more growing up to do.

I'm going to Richmond today to make sure the place is how I bought it , except cleaner, and take measurements. I'm glad I learned how to draft a fucking room dude. talk about impressive skills that I've used over and over again. Thank you Technical Theatre, I knew it would work out. I'm going back to Richmond on Sunday to be there when my Ikea furniture arrives, so I'm amped about that.

And Jackie is giving me her furniture. Either I'll buy it off her, or I can borrow it until she needs it again. I'm excited. That's a futon, a chair and ottoman, a bookshelf, and a dresser. I think also a TV stand is in the mix. I should ask Abby about the TV her parents want to get rid of.


I'm excited for Kara and Christina to see the apartment, and Jackie is going to come later when I move in, since we'll be moving in her furniture as well. I hope they all like it. Their opinions really matter to me. Jackie's especially. I guess there will always be a part of me that wants her opinion on the big things in my life.

I've grown up in other ways. I worked a lot. I managed to never bitch about working while I was at work (unlike a lot of my coworkers) and not that much at home, because I know that I need fucking money. I had the discipline to not buy anything for myself this summer because I was paying off the car accident, and also saving up for apartment stuff.


So overall I think I have to say that this was probably the worst summer I've had, but in retrospect, it made room for a lot of growing, and I think that's really good.

No comments: