Friday, July 25, 2008

The Way I See It # 301: I may be paranoid, but I'm not an android

I'm going to the doctor at 8:30. It would have been nice to wake up at 7:30, but I woke up at 7 stupidly. The sun creeped into my room, as it never does... ever, and struck me in the eyes annoyingly. I hate sunlight, I am a ghoul. I like the darkness. At least in the morning. it's been the hardest to drag myself to me feet. I delayed a whole 16 minutes before actually getting out from under the covers. Too bad my room is freezing. This usually provides wonderful sleeping conditions, but waking up just sucks. I woke up at 7 nearly every day last semester. That sucked, and it sucked hard core today. I woke up at 5:30 for four years in high school. Somehow, that wasn't so bad. I guess because I was used to it, and wasn't going out late like I was at school.

That after shower feeling made it a wonderful night's sleep. I hate going to bed feeling grimy. it so much better to feel refreshed while you take a nice deep slumber. How many synonyms can I use for sleep?

This doctor thing had better take no time at all. And then work is going to drag like no one's business.


I was considering taking the week after I actually move in to come back and work before I go back to school, but it was looking dicey. I didn't want to stay in Richmond and pay for my subsistence there until the meal plan starts, but then I realized something. I haven't had a break all summer. Due to family issues we didn't take a vacation like we normally do. I've been working my ass off all summer. I never took the day trip to Richmond like I wanted, I never got to the beach. I spend long hours at work, and yet I didn't come close to meeting my summer income goal. I'm stressed out about moving to Richmond. My relationship with my father has deteriorated past comprehension, and things haven't exactly been the smoothest with Sid this summer. I'm worried about my family, I'm worried about my health (I'm going to the fucking doctor today to make sure I'm fine!), I haven't seen anyone I met from VCU, and I'm stressed out that I won't be able to make more friends next semester.

I was talking to Emma and she said, "The summer after your senior year of high school is the best, and the summer after your first year at college is your worst."

I think I could take that pretty seriously.

So I'm going to stay in Richmond for that week and fucking enjoy myself. I think that's a little more important than earning $200 or so.

No comments: