Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Way I See It # 299: Just Keep Rolling along

Today was the day. THE day. I went to Ikea and purchased all (if not most) of the furniture that will go in my studio next year. The total amount for the furniture was a little bit over $700 and that's not including the mattress. I think that's pretty good! The other things I bough added up to just under $200, which was my entire budget for the things I was going to buy myself. Um... I'm definitely going to go over in budget, but I expected that. So I'm glad I got all of that furniture shopping done. Now all I have to worry about is the Mattress. I'm hoping I can go to the neighborhood Mattress Warehouse and have them do a charge send to the Richmond store, that would be just too convenient.

I'm going to the doctor early tomorrow morning (8:30 AM!!!) for a follow up, and then I'm heading straight to Tysons to work 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM! I volunteered for 2 extra hours, but now I think I'm going to regret it. At least the money will be good.

I just took a shower. Don't you love that after shower feeling? I don't know if any of you reading this have that feeling. That feeling of being completely cleansed, clean, and healthy. I don't know. I take great pleasure in showering/bathing in general. When I was younger I used to get upset, and one of the things that calmed me down was washing my hands. The smell of the soap and the hot water really relaxed me. I guess you could call that borderline OCD. But anyway, the smell of soap and the feeling of hot water have always been secret pleasures for me. Is that awkward? Are we not friends anymore? At any rate, the feeling of a good hot shower is probably the best feeling in the world. Or rather one of the best feelings.

Speaking of the best, I think that "Paranoid Android" is one of the best Radiohead songs there is.

I'll probably write later, because late night blogging is also one of my secret pleasures.

or, I guess that's not so secret. At least not anymore...

No comments: