Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Way I See It # 282

I went to IKEA (THE love of my life... besides Sid I guess) a day ago to check out my situation on what I can afford and what I can't. Considering my bank account is devastatingly lower due to paid off debt and a few trips out to eat and such, my situation concerning my once dreamy "nest egg" is now quite dreary. Not to worry though, I'm hatching a plan to get my dad to buy some furniture for me. Not that I expect any response (it's Dad of course) but I'm willing to take a crack at it. I'm going to need a bed, sitting area, desk, chair, and a wardrobe/closet. My needs also include lighting, but lamps and stuff at Ikea is so cheap that I think that if he doesn't even agree to lamps I can manage. As for the other stuff I'm happy to say that I can probably afford carpets, pillows, lights, decorative things, etc. from IKEA. I was thrilled to find an enormous area rug in a shade similar to my walls for only $30.00, and lamps purchased in a set of 2 for $12.00. Needless to say my shopping expedition went entirely too well, and made me very relieved.

I worked 8AM-3PM today and getting up at 6:30 was a bitch. I shouldn't complain, my mom gets up early every day and such. I remember taking Driver's Ed over the summer and having to get up early. I was done by 11AM which made me feel like I had the entire day left to do so much. I was actually reminded of this when I read Julian's blog. I've decided that sleeping in is a luxury, and that unless I am sick, or extremely tired, I really shouldn't try to sleep past 9. And if I do sleep in, I'm thinking it should be around 10. I wake up at 11 and I feel cheated. So I'm reforming, and whipping myself into shape.

Also, I have tomorrow off and I'm going to run, if I feel okay. I went to the doctor today for my ever-lasting plague with UTIs and got my very much needed drugs. But I'm going to run again, because I liked that a lot.

I just got out of the shower, and am waiting for dinner to be done. we're having black bean chili (so delicious). I love the feeling of being warm and clean after a shower. I think that's why I like to take showers at night, I like going to sleep that way. it's very comforting.

Abby wants to go to Baltimore instead of Richmond for Rich's show. I don't know if I can do this. I have no idea how to get around Baltimore at ALL. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: