Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Way I See It # 277: IE: FUCK MY LIFE

I was invited to a party tonight with the Senior drama girls. I would go except for the fact that a lot of people that are going are people I don't like. I wish it had all been different. I wish I had ended up liking all of them, I wish I could have been closer to genuinely nice people. Emma is a genuinely nice person, and she always extends an invitation to me, and I'm grateful for that. I think without her kindness I would feel completely betrayed. I wish I had ended school with a group of awesome girl friends. I wish I had found more girls like me at VCU this past year. I'm of course going to make a huge (ENORMOUS) effort next semester. I'm going to join activities, and I've been thinking about rushing.

I know Abby would be horrified, but Abby doesn't know what it's like to be in my situation. Maybe being in a sorority will help me make friends. I've heard that from everyone who has ever been in a sorority. I can either do that or get involved on campus with a job, or something.

All I know is that I'm hanging around waiting for Sid to get off work so I can fix my freak out last night, and I'm watching my Dad cook chicken. I don't like Chicken, and I don't like my Dad.

I need to go out more...... I guess. I think that it's time to start hitting up Georgetown and the greater Washington D.C. area for places to go and things to do. I can't be cultured and satisfied in Vienna, VA.

I've been skimming the VCU website looking for activities I can take part in next semester. I've come up with "Literati" which is a club devoted to writing, literature, music, and movies, The Anthroplogy/Archaeology club at VCU, Swing Dance @ VCU, and possibly writing for The Commonwealth Times.

what would be cool is to blog for The Commonwealth Times. Or at least do Editorial stuff.

Kara and I made cupcakes tonight, and I think it's time to frost them.
I'll be back.

No comments: