Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Way I See It # 260

Like many other girls my age, one of my truest and deepest desires is to live my life like the women in Sex And The City. Gorgeous clothes, hot restaurants, drinks all the time, and living in New York City. I saw the movie today and afterwards I had the desperate urge to wear high heels all the time and to go on a shopping spree. Of course life isn't like that, but isn't life what you make it? Kick Ass is a comic book about a boy becoming a self-made superhero because he doesn't want to do anything else with his life. Certainly being a stylish woman living in a big city is something that can be accomplished, comparatively. Can't I manipulate my life decisions so I get the results I want? Do I have to dream big, and then leave it as just that-- a dream?

No, I certainly don't. I'm going to make myself into the person I want to be, and that decisions in and of itself is very empowering.

No comments: