Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Way I See It # 267

So my father is an asshole... but I think we all knew that right? There have been some problems with getting the studio i want, and I'll be going down to Richmond to sort everything out. Hopefully no one will have put down a deposit by then. I can't say that I'm going to get it, but I know that if I do, that's wonderful, and if I don't... then it's just not the right place.

This place was built in the 1800 and is completely original except for the hookups and appliances. The architecture is original, and it's awesome. It's charming, in a great location, and the right price. The cons to the place include no dishwasher, an old shower, no closets, and I have to buy furniture. I can deal with the shower and the dishwasher no problem, but I'm going to have to really think about the space (if I get it) and how to arrange it so that I will have storage and a nice place to stay.

With studios you have to choose whether or not your place will be used for entertaining or sleeping, and it's hard to mix the two of them.

IF I get the place, then I'll think about that seriously, but right now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: