Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Way I See It # 266

I'm trying not to get my hopes up over a studio I found today in Richmond. My mom and I went down early after lining up just about a dozen places to look at. We talked to housing and they told us we should seriously consider finding something off campus. I finally heard a definitive "no" in Barbara's tone, as to whether or not I could get housing. Though the outcome isn't what we wanted, at least we have an answer. I saw a lot of wonderful places, and I still have a lot of options when it comes to where I want to live. A lot of people told me that I was going to get screwed and that I wouldn't be able to find a place to live, but I think I'm going to do just fine.

I've found several places really close to campus that are just in or a little bit beyond my price range, and I fell in love with a studio we saw today. It's the back and from parlor of an old Victorian, so it's really spacious, has a large bathroom, common area, and a large kitchen. The landlord seems a little weird, so it's not for sure if I'll get it or not, but it's exactly what I wanted. The guy that lives there now trashed it, but it has a lot of potential. I would post pictures, but they're on my mom's camera.


I need to sleep, I'm so tired!
We're calling the landlord tomorrow to fix the lease and hammer out the details. I hope it all works out.

No comments: