Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Way I See It # 259: "I've Heard there was a secret cord that David played and it pleased the Lord, but you don't really care for music, do you?"

For the first time in a while I don't know what to write about. It must be my brain acting up. I worked 12-7 today at Resto. That's 2 hours more than normally scheduled. At least I got a break. I went to The Soup Man for lunch, and it wasn't that good. However, I learned that they have actual ice cream there! I had no idea.

Work was good, as it generally is, but I'm being given more responsibility and that's pretty nifty. I'll be organizing and sorting "signage" (which is the sales we run and how to mark them), which apparently is the one of the weakest parts of the company. Sounds like a challenge to me, and a good opportunity to prove myself. I also sold over $1000 in bedding, so way to go me!

After work I went to Sidney's house to watch television and fall asleep; I was so exhausted after work. Dorothy invited me to graduation, and I might go if I'm not going down to Richmond on Thursday to hunt for an apartment or hound the VCU Housing staff. Hopefully I can do both!

Tomorrow I don't work, and I'm going to go see Sex And The City with Mom, Stini, and Kara. That should be fun, we haven't done anything like that yet, and I hear the movie is really good.
Maybe after I can head back over to Bakers Shoes (where I spent some of my break today) and get some sandals for work. I need a new pair of shoes pretty badly.

Working at Resto. has basically forced me to be a housewife. I've learned all about home furnishings, draperies, and soaps, and paint, and I've also learned a lot about cleaning. I learned how to Iron sheets for the very first time yesterday (To one of my coworker's dismay) and now I'll be able to starch and iron my own clothes. The thought of charging for ironing next year at school vaguely crossed my mind. Never mind ironing, I've learned how to appropriately fold bedding, towels, blankets, sheets, and down comforters to Resto. Standards. I also learned how to steam things without getting the dust that settles wet and sticky on the fabric, and how to display items on a table top so they look appealing. I never thought I would learn such womanly crafts on the job!

besides the information I'm sure I'll use again, I'm extra excited to see my paycheck on Friday. It's hard to work so much and not see a decent paycheck for a while. hopefully this will pay off my car payments that are looming over my head. I also hope that I can someday invest the money I make into the stock market. I haven't had another stock market lesson, but I still remember everything I learned. Hopefully that will all work out eventually.

Well, It's 3 AM and that's my cue to exit.

No comments: