Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Way I See It # 486

I feel exhausted, and I still have the whole day to finish. I went to yoga this morning. Rather, I dragged myself out of bed and forced myself. Since I didn't go on Monday, I felt like today's yoga session would be hard, and it was. I definitely felt it, and I have yet to really master a lot of the moves. Maybe if I practiced every day it would work out, but for now I'm feeling like a rubber band... I stretch out and snap right back again.

The weather has been ridiculous. I wore shorts on Monday, and yesterday I was caught in a thick snow flurry. While it was magical at the moment, I'm waiting for Summer to come along.

But while I'm dreaming about Belle Isle, tanning, and hot weather, I'm stuck in the library (well, maybe not stuck) trying to focus my attention on Archaeology. I shouldn't have looked at the blackboard site, because after finding out that this exam only counts 15% my motivation has taken a serious plunge. In all other respects I'm feeling good, besides exhausted. I went to 821 this morning and had lox and bagels, which was even more satisfying than I could have hoped for. Everything Bagel+Lox+Cream Cheese+Basil+Tomato= awesome. I'll have to spread the word to my family when Christmas brunch comes around.... in another year.

My aspirations for starting up a fashion magazine at VCU have been slightly squashed. I went to a party run by the guy who heads Ink Magazine (MISHAAA), and I talked to him about it. He kind of discouraged me, but at the same time encouraged me to submit some stuff about fashion for Ink. I'm still debating, however it seems that everyone is writing for the Magazine; Misha, my friend Marc, and now apparently Sid who has decided to write an article about a subject that most of us would leave at home.... interesting.

some cool sites I've been addicted to the past couple of days:
www.notcot.org
It's a design based blog where anyone can submit material to be published on the site. Really cool. basically if you find something interesting online, they encourage you to share it with everyone. Awesome for inspiration and hours of procrastination

www.notcouture.com
A sub-site of NotCot, Notcouture is all about fashion, and I'm excited to say that some of my submissions have made it to the site, which is both exciting and addicting. They promote designers, showcase collections, and it's a good place to find obscure things not seen in the mainstream blogosphere.

lately i've been googling "how to cut your own hair" because I'm trying to avoid going home/paying for travel at all costs. Really, i would like to cut my bangs, but what I've found online hasn't been very helpful. Does anyone (ie: no one) remember that gadget they used to run infomertials for that was like a comb, but it cut the split-ends off of your hair? I need that like I need air to breath, my hair is in such bad shape.

For this blog having the name "My Life As A Starbucks Coffee Cup", I had only had plain coffee from Starbucks once, and it was at a time that I didn't like coffee, so it tasted bad to me. However, I'm drinking a grande House blend, and it is absolutely terrible. Starbucks, what is your problem? This coffee is so bad, I can barely drink it. Where is an IHOP when you need one? IHOP coffee is so good... i miss it. Are there even pancake houses in Richmond, VA? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Interesting facts I've learned in school so far:
1. An Australopithecine Child's (Pre-Homo habilis/ Homo Erectus) skull was found in Southern Africa. Upon closer review just recently, several puncture marks were found in the bones surrounding the eye sockets. It is believe that the child was picked up by an Eagle (Talons IN THE EYE SOCKETS) and carried off to be eaten, and the remains are what was found.

2. Also, Australopithecines were prey, not predators, and were regularly apart of the Leopard's diet.

3. In Michaelangelo's "Expulsion From Paradise"

The position of Adam in Eve (to the left) is EXACTLY WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.



That's about all I have to say for right now. I think this is the longest blog post I've done in a while. I think it was time for some more details, and less ambiguity.

No comments: