Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Way I See It # 494

I woke up late and now I feel overwhelmed by what I have to do today. Really, it isn't a lot, and I'm not quite sure what I would rather be doing. I guess anything else. I shouldn't complain, I could be working all day today (though very unlikely). I have a couple pressing matters that I really need to take care of:
1. Clean my apartment
2. Laundry
3. Shower
4. Homework (French, Archaeology, and Withcraft readings)

Last night I ordered Thai food for dinner and ended up spending way too much, but at least it will last me another day of either dinner or lunch. How boring am I? All I have to talk about is food? I mean, I was really excited about it, and I think that fact in and of itself is kind of sad. What makes it particularly sad is that I was excited about Thai Food on Valentine's day, and that was about all I had to look forward to. I was invited out to a party by Andrew and Michele, but really the last thing I wanted was to go and feel like a third wheel on Valentine's Day. Now, that might not have happened, but I wasn't miserable at home, and I've been out the last two nights. I think sometimes I need a break, and especially when I might feel uncomfortable on a stupid holiday such as that. Fuck Valentine's Day, I don't think you need a day to show how you feel about your significant other. Maybe I'm completely full of bullshit, because I do like getting things on Valentine's day, and I think that it is nice to go out and have a romantic evening. But also that should be happening all the time. I guess when it isn't, that's when I see Valentine's day as something important: a reassurance, which I guess isn't very good considering it shouldn't be.

My friend Zane sent out Lego Valentine's Day cards to all of his friends, and I found one on my front door when I got home. I don't really know him very well, but I felt touched that he included me.

Work yesterday was an awful bore, and I really don't know how I kept myself occupied. There was nothing to fold, nothing to do, no one called so I couldn't answer the phone, and there were no customers. And I'm supposed to make myself look busy? I must have cleaned the registers, computers, and front desk a billion times, and then I was left to read. Now, I like reading on the job, but my managers disapprove. This sounds so dumb to me. Shouldn't Barnes and Noble employees look like well-read individuals? it seems so ironic to be working in a bookstore and not be allowed to read. Well, I did, and there was nothing good around. I read cookbooks, which only made me feel inadequate because I wanted to make all of the dishes in the "Pasta" book but I don't have the kitchen equipment to do so. I need to get on that. It would be nice to come back home after work and make dinner. I hate buying frozen food, and I feel dumb when I tell people I can't cook. So after reading all those cook books I ordered out Thai Food.

So I think the plan for today is to get cleaned up, shafer, and then head to the library to study because I can't focus in my cluttered apartment. My plan for this evening will be to come back, finish the Thai food and clean my apartment/ do laundry.

No comments: