Friday, February 6, 2009

The Way I See It # 487

Once again I am socially paralyzed. I think it might be natural to feel a bit nervous about heading out to a party where a bunch of people will be that you only know through one person that won't be there. I really want to go, but I would have to bike there, it's late, the last time I went to a party like this without Michele (or rather, she left early) I felt awkward, weird, and altogether uncomfortable. And there's something about waiting for someone to get there that I find... disconcerting. I don't want to be that persona that waits around for someone. While I'd like to see them, a lot, I just don't feel like I can put myself through waiting all night. Ugh. Maybe I'll remedy this tomorrow. Point is, is that I need to grow a pair and just throw myself out there. I've been making steps forward, but this step just makes me too.... awkward for my own good.

I found out that I AM on the work schedule next week! YES. Only problem is, is that I'm working on Valentine's Day... oh well, I didn't have plans anyway. However, I'm trying to see The Glass Menagerie, so I hope that there's a show on Friday I can see.... If not there are some the next week.. Though KARADACTAL is visiting! I'm uber excited, and I hope she has a lot of fun!

John came over to get his Get Well card that bounced back in the mail. It was nice catching up with him, I rarely see him anymore!

I find that apple slices with peanut butter is perhaps the most delicious snack that has ever been conceived.

I think I'll cuddle up with Dante's Inferno and hope that someone calls to inquire as what my wherabouts are.

No comments: