Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Way I See It # 425

Secret # 1: I never asked anyone for a ride back to VCU (not that anyone offered) because I thought it would be nice for Mom and I to have time in the car together.

Tonight she asked me why I couldn't get a ride back and I fumbled with an answer. I think she was a bit annoyed that she had to drive me back. She wasn't unwilling, but I think driving me back wasn't at the top of her to-do list for tomorrow.
Am I selfish? I know she's tired, and I know she works a lot. She worked all weekend on preparing for Thanksgiving, put up with Dad, dealt with Grandma, and all of us.

I wish things were like they were when Mom wasn't working.
I think I might be bitter about this.

I've decided to not work at Restoration Hardware this winter. I didn't realize that Jackie would be home without a car... and if Christina and Kara get jobs too, it's going to be a nightmare.
So instead, I'll be working for my Dad's company.
I think I might regret this. However, he says there is research he needs done, and also filing, so I'm down for doing secretarial work if it keeps me the hell away from Tysons. I would like to enjoy shopping on my winter break, thank you very much.

No comments: