Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Way I See It # 405

I feel compelled to write.
But I'm not going to write about the election, or those Polly pessimists, or the fact that a lot of people don't even know Obama's policies... or that I've just experienced a life-changing historical moment, or anything like that. I feel as though there isn't much to say that hasn't already been said.

But like I said, I have this itching in my finger tips to make a connection with my key board, and where else am I going to satisfy the urge? I'm left with an empty night due to the fact that my Urban Planning Professor canceled class 15 minutes prior.... so I'm at commons trying to keep myself occupied until I get hungry or decide to walk home in the drizzle.

A couple entries ago I noted the fact that I feel like I am in a powerful position, and I'm determined to keep my life following this track. I sometimes feel invincible, and I don't want it to end. I think I've finally realized that I have the "ball in my court" so to speak, and the world is my oyster. Really, nothing can go wrong. It's almost as if just as this country is on the brink of change, so am I. I would like to think in a romantic sense that my life is in tandem with the state of the world.... ripe for change.... eager for new experiences... but I fear this may be jumping the gun (something I'm always afraid of doing.)

I feel as thought flats make my feet look dainty.
Is this weird?
I'm staring at my feet, and I've noticed that I particularly like the way they look in skimmers, such as the ones I am wearing.

OH.
Before I headed over to Urban Planning, I was attending a lecture on Paleopathology (The study of disease in ancient times) and Peruvian Mummies. Really interesting stuff, but it was entirely too biological. However, as I have finally (FINALLY!) declared my major as Anthropology, I can get started on my World Studies Passport, which is this little doo-hicky that I need to have completed before I graduate. I essentially have to go to lectures and seminars and learn things that are really cool, and then have proof that I went and had a rockin' time.

hmmm....
maybe I should eat before it gets too late.
I was talking to Sarah Waks today and we both agreed that it feels incredibly depressing and lonely to realize that you don't have anyone to go to shafer with. Isn't that the saddest? While I fully appreciate flying solo at Shafer during the day, there's just something about when night falls that makes me want to feel...... interactive with other people. I just shudder at the thought of eating alone at night. I mean, I experience this at home when I eat there, but somehow at Shafer it is different. Probably because I'm not eating left-overs while laying in bed watching The Girls Next Door.

I think Shafer should install beds.

Wait... No. I take that back.
---------

I applied for a YAAB! A YAAB! (job).
I'm trying to be an Apple Campus Representative at VCU.
Here's why:
1. It's awesome.
2. It pays well
3. I can get a free mac book out of the deal
4. I get more experience in sales! :)

I think I have it in the bag, which is good because this means that if I get the job.... I might not have to work at Tysons over winter break, and that's oh-so appealing to me right now. Resto. I love you to pieces, but I'm scared that all the people I worked with won't be back (they would be insane to be there...), and that I'll kill myself with the winter crowd. Summer I may return.... but then again the Mac position is a full year job....so.... mabes not! :D

Having a job over next semester will be good too because I can actually amass money to start a savings account. All my talk of getting into the market (well... that's pretty much gone now) and I don't even have the safest form of investment!

ALSO:

More money would mean that I would have a surplus, which is good because I really want to move in to the apartment next to mine. The girl that lives there is a senior, and I met her last night. She's awesome. And her apartment is a dream. A REAL DREAM. I can't believe how nice it is. The only problems with it are noise from the garbage guys in the morning, and the bartender who lives behind her.

With the extra money I'd cough up the difference in rent ($875) to live there. So I'd pay 225 a month.... hmmmm...

At least I'd be able to entertain!
Maybe I'll just ask my landlord for a new stove?

No comments: