Friday, November 14, 2008

The Way I See It # 412

I normally don't eat this early.
And because I just finished with Shafer I'm feeling particularly nauseous, but I think the feeling will pass. I don't have French today, so this morning is dedicated to my linguistics assessment that needs to be finished before I catch a train to Williamsburg later tonight. I don't have too much work to focus on, which is good considering I plan on having a lot of fun this weekend.

As for last night I spent the night at Sarah's place. I'm glad I could be there for her. She broke her collar bone in a collapsing deck incident (you've probably heard of it: Last weekend on Cary there was a party where the second story deck just collapsed under the weight of everyone. About 20 people were sent to the hospital. Sarah broke her Collar bone, and her roommate Emma broke her back. More were injured just the same.) So, as her collar bone is broken, and she's nearly incapacitated. I helped her get out of bed this morning, I put her hair up, I opened bottles for her, I tied her shoes.

It's weird, I was always told as a kid that if someone every grabbed me, or tried to attack me, I should go for the collar bone. It only takes seven pounds of pressure to break it, and it makes your attacker immobile. Now I can fully appreciate what this looks like, I guess.

I'm also going to be helping Sarah out with typing up her papers (she's in English 200), and while her mother offered me payment, I'm going to refuse it. They already bought me a $10 starbucks gift card, and that's more than enough.

Luckily, Sarah's boyfriend is coming up early to visit and take care of her. He was also at the party but only suffered a hurt ankle.

Anyway, I should get back to my assessment.

No comments: