Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Way I See It # 552

My Thursday nights are usually comprised of either 1. working, 2. romping about Richmond in the early hours of the evening with Michele (Which usually consists of finding Mexican food places down Broad St., Buying things at Target, or zooming around Richmond listening to either "foux de fa fa" or "Wildcat") 3. Spending time with Zane, and playing with the Kittens, and 4. the obvious appearance/socializing at Guild.

However tonight is different. Here I am, sitting in bed wearing a fleecy robe I was given as a Christmas gift an obscene number of years ago. It is navy in color, but this is hard to tell from all the lint that has accumulated on it. It's broken in, it is warm, it smells weird, and I never used to like it, but being home now without much to wear for bedtime, this robe is a comfort, and I'm going to bring it back with me to Richmond. I often avoid wearing a fore mentioned robe because, once again, it is fleece, and this shit is a bitch to clean without somewhat electrocuting yourself.

I'm in bed, dozing off. I had to relocate from my mom's room because I was a threat to her comforter. My mother recently bought a new bedspread, and she become morally offended if anything remotely stain-inducing approaches the bed. So me approaching with a delicious ice cream cone (Drumsticks) was the exact thing she could shoo away. Also there is the fact that I was actively (or passively?) falling asleep on her bed made for a red flag that I should head to MY room and get out of HER room. I'm exaggerating, but then again I'm not.

So I am back, and I'm blogging about stupid things wishing I was at guild where I would be enjoying good music, a good 40, and good people.

But instead I'm here in an old robe, surrounded in the atomic bomb that is my bedroom, half-awake with ice cream on my face.

gross.

No comments: