Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Way I See It # 547

So today is my first real day of summer vacation. Well, that's a lie, because my final paper was due on Thursday, BUT I'm here at my apartment by myself with nothing to do-- the mark of summer vacation.

My exams and everything ended, obviously, and I was surprised and ecstatic to find that I received an A in my french class. I really, truly, thought I was going to get a B and I was fine with that. So I am so pleased, and this means I might actually get a 4.0, which would be wonderful. Why? Because this semester kicked my ass, it really did, and if I get a 4.0 it would be completely amazing. I think my mom has been waiting around for school to kick my butt, so this should be good.

As for today I've been apartment hunting all morning, but alas, none of the real estate agencies are open on Saturdays. Figures that would happen on the one day I've been in my apartment without having to rush off to work.

Tomorrow I'm going back up to Northern Virginia for about a week to spend some time at home, and I'll also be driving down to Williamsburg to help Christina move out. Should be some nice quality time with the family.

My agenda for the day includes watching The Girls Next Door (currently happening at this moment), making up lists of things I need to buy in Nova, and also cleaning up my apartment. Due to exam week, my apartment has been shamefully neglected and now it's time to get down to some major cleaning.

I've got to figure out something to fill up my time this summer. I think that most of my time will be spent either working or at the river. Which I certainly don't mind, but I think it might be nice to also have a goal. I would like to go to the gym more, especially since its free for the summer. I think I'll take some classes and that will take up some of my time.

No comments: