Monday, May 11, 2009

The Way I See It # 551: Blog of Note


Okay, okay, this blog is not one of Blogger's Blogs of Note, BUT on May 1st it was a relevant blog that had the honor of receiving such a title!

Skulladay.blogspot.com documents/ed the musings of Noah Scalin, an artist who one day decided to make a skull a day for an entire year. That year has come and gone and blog posts daily renditions of fan art related to skulls and to Noah Scalin's art.

I thought this was really cool. What was even cooler was when I found out, through the blog, that some of his 365 Skulls will be in a show right here in Richmond from July 3-August 22 at Quirk Gallery (311 W. Broad St.) Imagine my excitement when I found out that he not only is based in Richmond, but also developed a class on socially conscious design for Virginia Commonwealth University!

you can read more about Noah Scalin here, and visit his blog here.

1 comment:

Parablahblah said...

http://www.jim-skullgallery.com/

coolz?