Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Way I See It # 428

I wish that I had a craft that I was really good at so that I could blog about it. A lot of people scoff when they tell me that they despise the idea of "personal" blogs, and that they much prefer blogs about a certain subject, whether it be fashion, politics, comic books, cooking, knitting, whatever.
I would say that I agree. When it comes to the types of blogs that I read, I'm far more interested in topics about things I'm unfamiliar with, or am obsessed with, rather than reading about someone's personal life. Not that I don't like reading personal blogs; I love them. But I would say a majority of the new blogs I start reading are about a certain subject unrelated to the personal life of the author.

On that note, thank you for reading!

While I do have a blog about fashion and design in general, it's unlike most other fashion blogs I've become a fan of. Mostly because the fashion blogs I read include pictures of the authors, and they clothes they have. I for one, have no money to spend on clothing, and have used this as an excuse not to look cute and fashionable in my day-to-day. This will simply have to change. I can't hide behind a monetary excuse for the way I look when it's fairly easy to look stylish on the dime. So I will be putting my outfits together and taking pictures. I think that this will also help with me finding out exactly what my style is, because, really, I have no idea what it is at this point. If you'd like to see the pictures, or if you're unaware of my fashion (ish) blog, don't hesitate to visit here.

Just a quick update, I've added a language translator to the page. I've decided that it might be beneficial for my French if I have my blog translated into it so I can read aloud and feel proficient. If you happen to speak another language (or several) you can get practice AND keep up with my life. (I've also added it to Interior Motive). You can thank me when we carry on a conversation in french. :)

Speaking of readers, I've noticed some new readers (because I'm creepy and sitemeter allows me to do this). Welcome!

Shifting gears, I've been at the library all night studying for my Physics exam next week. I decided to get some Starbucks. By the way, I find it appalling that there are no late-night coffee shops except for the Village and 3rd Street Diner (a long ass walk). At any rate, I was standing in line, and a guy behind me told the barista his order. He said,
"Yeah, I'll have a coffee....erm... the largest size you have.... and also... another largest size... and... do you guys do iced coffee?"
The barista took his order, and I turned to him,
Me: "It's called a Venti"
Him: "What?"
Me: "The largest size, it's a 'Venti'"
Him: "Oh, thank you!"
Me: "Have you never been to a Starbucks before?"
Him: "ermm... no."
Me: "Wow! Rare breed!"
Him: "Yeah, well I'm cramming, so....and it's my parents money... they can afford it...."
Me: "Well, then why not?"

It was refreshing to see someone who had never been to a Starbucks. It made my day, actually.

No comments: