Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Way I See It # 453

I haven't blogged in a while on any of my blogs, and for that I apologize. But I kind of doubt any of you have been longing for a post since it's the holidays and time is meant to be spent with family. I've been running around shopping, catching up with friends, and dealing with personal issues. So if you've been disappointed by my "baga-ness" ("Laziness), then I apologize again.

I've been doing a lot of thinking, and I've decided that with the coming New Year, I'm going to try my best to make 2009 the best year of my life. While this idea is hackneyed, and just about everyone in the world has the same thought around this time of year, for once in my life I think it really means something. This past year was so incredibly disappointing, that I am determined to right the wrongs, cross the t's, dot the i's, and really get down to business.

I feel like I want to run away a lot. I don't want to face the realizations I've made recently, and I don't want to deal with the problems that I know will hurt me. Who does? But I've decidedly turned my misfortune into a beneficial life situation. Isn't it always said that from the bottom you can only go up? I don't want to wallow in self pity about how this year went, I feel like I need to push myself to get past all this and move forward.

I was looking back at my posts from last year around this time. (They can be found here) My mood was pretty good on New Years. Even though my birthday had started off on the wrong foot, I generally had a good time, as far as I can tell from my blog post. In fact, I remember sleeping over at Sid's house, I think, because we had been drinking with Trey and Julia. It had been a good night. Some of my resolutions were kept, and others not. For example, I did make more girlfriends, and I feel like I do stick up for myself. However, my nails are still being bitten, and I never learned to cook. Oh well, Better luck in 2009.

I think this may be the best year of my life, and maybe the hardest.

No comments: