Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Way I See It # 385

sI'm visiting my local starbucks (Oakton style) and I ran into my drumming instructor Chris. No longer is it awkward between us when we see each other, but he was disappointed to find out that I sold my drum set. Oh well, he knows it was practical for me to sell it. All is well between us, and he even invited me and my friends to a gig on Saturday night, which is really cool of him. It's in Old Towne Alexandria, but I doubt anyone will want to go with me. Another time perhaps.

Why is it that everyone is staring at me? The Business man sitting behind me was staring into my Photobooth back at me and it creeped me out. There is an adorable little girl who stared at me, and her mother was staring at me until we made eye contact. There's a girl doing math homework who occasionally looks over, and everyone standing in line has looked my way for more than 30 seconds each. Maybe I'm just interesting looking? Maybe it's the glasses? The Macbook? The iced caramel Macchiato? What about me makes me so different? That I am the only member of my demographic in the room?

You'd think someone such as myself who finds it odd that people are staring would leave. Maybe I like the attention.

No comments: