Monday, November 2, 2009

CROOZ

Plans for a 21st birthday Cruise to the Caribbean are officially set! I think is going to be frightening to be traveling without my parents for the first time, but also awesome to spend much needed quality time with my sisters drankin' margarrrrritas and getting smiggedy in style. I've always had lame birthdays, so this is going to be awesome! I plan on taking a billion pictures and hopefully snuba-ing through a sunken shipwreck! (I am completely excited about this)

As for now, however, I'm in the library working on Grave analysis of some Monongahela sites. It's kind of boring, but also interesting. I can't complain, I would be in Modernism right now if my class wasn't canceled.

I'm officially applying for a scholarship for next semester! I've never done that before, but I think it's worth a shot. It's a scholarship offered just for Anthropology majors who have written archaeological/anthropological papers. I have a couple, so why not enter them? Who knows if I'll get it, but I'll have a pretty good recommendation under my belt if I apply.

Still thinking about applying for Internships at The Met, just not sure what department I want to apply for. I'm thinking Egyptian Art, obviously, but I have to choose a back up. Ancient Near Eastern? Be fully advised I don't plan on signing up for Modern Art, Jesus. They have a costume Institute, which would be fun, But I doubt I have any real skills that would apply. I think I'm probably going to choose Egyptian and Conservation.

So, 3 internships, 1 scholarship, and maybe an internship abroad. I just emailed a woman in charge of Education Abroad to see if she can hook me up with any advice about interning abroad. So many things up in the air!

This week is ridiculous, I can't even think about everything I have to do. I have an art history paper that I haven't even started and it's due Thursday! oh my goodness.

Tonight includes possibly thrifting with the boyfriend, salvaging my self-respect in French class/preparing for the exam, reading about Russian Constructivism, Outlining trends in these burials I'm looking at, and drafting out my paper on The Warka Vase and the destruction of the Baghdad Museum.


ugh I am freezing and need coffee.

No comments: