Thursday, October 29, 2009

ALPZZZ

I've decided to retire the whole "The Way I See It" title... I'd rather just make something up on the fly.

I haven't blogged between classes in a while, so here goes. Today started out quite wonderfully, and considering my state of stubborn chilliness in this fall weather, and my lack of adequate footwear/clothing at this exact moment, I would love to be back in bed snuggling and hitting the snooze button. That would just be the cat's meow, let me tell you. I can see that it's drizzling now, and I'm going to regret my walk to Art History in an hour or so, especially if it starts to rain a little more steadily.

I don't know what I'm going to do for Halloween. It sounds like people are headed to UVA, Zane included, but I wasn't planning on leaving Richmond for good old "Samhain" (pronounced: Saw-ane). I especially since hadn't asked Kara about it. Now I don't know what to do. If Kara doesn't want to go, I'm not sure I will either. And yet, I want to spend Halloween with Zane. I guess we'll see what happens.

Next week is comprised of full-blown studying. I'm taking the week off of work and focusing on academia for once, instead of the mighty dollar. Which reminds me, I need to check my Mint account.

Zane has me hooked on this financial website "Mint" where you can set up your accounts and see how much money you're spending. I'm currently $60 under budget, which is good.... right? I never knew how much I was spending in one month! I think I'm going to adjust my budgets. Definitely check it out if you have as much trouble managing your money as I do.

My Winter break has been neatly and precisely sorted out: I'll be working 2 weeks in RVA, Home for three weeks (including our cruise birthday extravaganza) and then back to RVA for a week of work before I get into the full swing of the semester. Estimated profit from working the 9-5 at $7.50= $900 for winter break. Not that bad, and probably the best I'll do considering how busy I will be.

I am going to love and hate winter break. I'm going to love working and being home, but that also means it's closer to January 5th, a date I'm not looking so forward to....

But having no school work to worry about will hopefully be as relaxing as I imagine it to be.

However, until winter break comes, I have a lot of work to do!
1. 4 internship applications to turn in for Summer 2010 (and maybe more...)
2. Finishing up all my classes
3. Saving monneeyyy
So many other things I can't think of....


Also, Halloween this weekend, kara's leaving the next weekend, Christina visits the weekend after, and then it's thanksgiving!

Plus!:
1. Archaeology paper due in 2 weeks
2. Art History paper due.... really soon!
3. Andean paper rewrite!
4. Modernism Test!!
5. French exam!
6. Ethnography paper!
7. Lecturing a class on Kinship in Anthro!
8. Possibly submitting a paper for the North American Archaeology conference?


SO BUSY.
I don't know how I'm going to handle all of it!

No comments: