Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Way I See It # 586

I'm going to take a cue from Lena, and start a list in order to rev up my posting. This may or may not be successful.

1. First day of classes at VCU today. For the most part today was a successful day. My french came tumbling back into my brain after a two month absence, and I managed to correctly answer several questions this morning, and report on my summer with ease. And to think that I, embarrassingly, couldn't recite the number 4 in french just a day ago....(quattre). Death and Burial sounds like it is going to be an interesting class, and my Prehistoric Art and Architecture class sounds like it is right up my alley. My professor worked in a museum (check), worked as an art dealer for Sotheby's in New York City (check), is a classical archaeologist (check), and studied art history at NYU (check). All the things that I want to do! I couldn't believe it, and basically spent the entire class with my mouth hanging open. I went up and introduced myself after class, and offered to help her with her new gallery opening at Plant Zero, which she said she would be needing interns for. Very exciting!

2. I think that everyone just needs to bite the bullet and get along.

3. I think that I need to get used to the idea that there are people that depend on me. This isn't a one man show anymore.

4. 5 months. The time is flying by!

5. I have heard that Gin and Tonics are where it's "at".

6. I need to get used to everything.

No comments: