Friday, July 3, 2009

The Way I See It # 579

11 o' Clock is usually the prime hour for a little snuggle time with Ben and Jerry (Of the "Half Baked" variety). However, I've resisted the very (very) strong urge to hop over to the 7-11 this evening, and am opting for cold water instead. I've realized that a lot of my snack attacks are usually the result of being dehydrated. I mistake my lack of thirst-quenching potables for actual hunger, and thuse the reason I always feel like I over-eat. So water it is, and water it will be for the rest of the summer, especially when working on my feet for 8 hours or so every day. As for working more now than I ever have, I'm enjoying the time spent being busy.


I have come to realize that I've gotten to like a lot of the people I work with at Barnes and Noble, and when I eventually leave, I'll be sad to go, but I can always visit. As with VCU Creative Services, I may be working in a decrepit basement, eerily similar to what I expect any of the SAW Movies looks like, but at least I'm contributing something to the company I work for. Pushing buttons and handling cash for a major corporation can't compare to the smaller, more personal touch of an Advertising Agency that needs my help in redesigning their filing system. Dirt, roaches, and the promise of mice in the winter can't dampen the hopes I have for this job. I was calculating my hours this week and I think I'm definitely going to be pleased with my next paycheck.
Long hours are finally paying off, or are expected to pay off, however the only casualties of this work effort happen to be my feet. Standing, even with a support pad at Barnes and Noble, is a tough one, unless I want to wear athletic shoes to work. Lugging heavy boxes down flights of stairs and up and down off tables for cataloging isn't too peachy either, but I'm counting this as a positive increase in daily exercise.

A large part of my job also includes running deliveries. This poses a nice change of pace if I have been down in the basement for my entire shift, but I'm thinking about eventually getting a Chrome bag (eventually being the key word, due to the price tag), to help out with the packages I carry sometimes on my bike. Zane got a Chrome bag about a month ago, and it has only impressed me. It holds a lot, it's lifetime guaranteed, and would definitely help out with carrying groceries/packages/books/etc.

alright, enough blogging, my eyes have the tell-tale burning of bedtime.

No comments: