Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Way I See It #582

A lot of things have been going on, and such, next week will probably be the most exhausting/busiest week of my life.

I leave on Saturday for Northern VA to take care of some doctors appointments, and catching up with mis hermanas y mi madre. Then its back to Richmond for Tuesday and Wednesday, and then I leave early Thursday morning for a work trip to Wise, VA.

Let me repeat this, WISE VA. That's a 7 hour drive with Allen Jones, a Photographer at VCU Creative Services. For the trip I am in charge of rounding up people to be shot, putting up and striking backdrops, and perhaps more importantly, protecting Allen's (well, VCU's) Hasselblad H3D.



When I was told about this job, one of the "perks" was being able to work within a foot of this camera. If you do a little google search of this camera, and even the Hasselblad brand, you'll see why. A large part of my job next weekend will be to protect this camera when it isn't in the steady/fatherly hands of Allen Jones.


more to come later!

No comments: