Friday, July 10, 2009

The Way I See It # 581: Hollering, and Other Curiosities.

Have you ever had the displeasure (or pleasure, if that's how you roll) of being "Hollered at"? It's only happened to me a couple of times walking down broad, and for the most part it's rude, annoying, and all together unpleasant. But something curious happened the other day as I was riding my bike. I passed a girl walking on the sidewalk, wearing a really nice outfit, and I was about to yell "YOU LOOK NICE!" when I realized that it would probably be rude. Was I just about to "Holler" at this girl? I mean, no, in my opinion, but I'm sure that if I had yelled at her, she would have thought it was both weird, and awkward. Or maybe she would have liked it? It might have been a great ego boost to have some random girl on a bike compliment your outfit.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Lol. I walk to school, and I get yelled at all the time. And frankly it scares me because I'm not paying attention. But the people that yell at me aren't really forming sentences. But if someone were to yell a compliment at me that would be a nice ego booster. Of course I would have to hurry and yell thank you so that person wouldn't think I was being rude. But thats just what I think. >_<